I have been recruiting few students from Bhubaneswar for a Leading Call Center at Gurgaon, while the interview process was to being after 7 days, I decided to call all the short listed candidates to my class and started communicating, to my surprise most of the students were having MTI (Mother Tongue Influence). The Candidates with MTI are rejected at the very first level of interaction as the job was for International Call center. So I decided to take a small crash workshop on improving the neutral accent (which is accepted) and reduce MTI. Some guys were very severe in MTI needed long vocal work out practice, whereas some were close to the lines whom the selectors may take for 2nd round. In MTI people stress on a particular word speech such as WEEEEEEEEEE, memmmmmmmm, theeeeeeee, etc. I found that for normal accent one has to practice pronouncing words several times in a period to get easy flow and another was the improvisation giving phrase and the students need to develop a story in five minutes and speak with expression and voice modulation. People need to enjoy speaking and practicing. Surely one can get lots of speaking ability and fearlessness.
To setup an Application in Facebook to retrieve an API, you need to first login into Facebook. If you are new to Facebook, you need to register into Facebook first. After registering and feeding into all your profile informations you can start with setting up an application for yourself. Just follow the following steps –
- First of all login to your account and then click on to the “Developers” link at the bottom of the page in the footer section
- You will land to Facebook Developers page.
Click on Apps on Facebook.com.
- After you land on the Apps on Facebook.com page, click on “register your Facebook application” link in the Getting Started section.
- Thereafter you will be asked whether to allow access or not. Click Allow.
- Thereafter you will land on the Developers page where you need to click a button saying “Set Up New Application” at the right corner just below help.
- You will land on the “Create Application” page where you will have to give a name to your application and agree to the terms and policies and then click over to create application button.
- Then you will land on the page where you need to feed into different informations as required starting from “Basic”
Remember to feed in the URL in the format “http://yourdomain.com/”. Don’t forget to end the name with a slash or you will face problem while creating the application.
- Then fill in informations for “Authentication”
You will need to choose the authentication settings and feed in authentication callback URLs if any.
- Fill in the required information in the Profiles Tab
- Then fill in your Canvas settings and Callback URLs as in the image below
- Then fill in you Connect settings. Remember to feed in the Connect URL in the format “http://mydomain.com/” and don’t forget the slash at the end of the URL.
Similarly feed in the Widgets, Advanced and Migrations setting if required. You can leave them as it is and click on the “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
- After that you will land to the final page showing details of your Application where you will get the API Key, Application Secret and Application ID.
Hope you find this post helpful…
First of all to create an application and to get the Application ID and the Secret Key, you must log into MySpace. If you don’t have an account, create one. Thereafter follow the following steps which will guide you to get your application:
- After you login to your myspace account go to http://developer-myspace.com/. There you will see a box saying get started
Click on “Start Building”.
- You will be lead to “Create App” page as below
Click on “Create On-Site App”.
- Then a page will appear where you need to give a title to your application and other details
Then click next.
- You will land to “Edit App Gadget XML” page. You will get the application id here.
Click on “Edit App Information”.
- You will be lead to a page where you will be required to fill in the details for your application
Remember to fill in the Install Callback URL and also upload the small icon and large icon, else you will not be able to publish you application later. You will get the OAuth Consumer Secret in the OAuth Setting
- Then click on “My Apps” on the menu bar to view you application and publish
Hope this one is useful to you guys there…
When it comes to Hindi/Bollywood/Desi movies, what is the first thing that comes to mind? The answer is music, dance and entertainment. But is that what movie is all about or is that the true meaning of a movie?
A film is a way of storytelling. Many people still don’t know and can’t accept this. But it’s the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I am not defining this for them who visit theatre to relax in the weekend or hang out with near/dear/impressed ones on the special occasions. This definition is for the moviegoers who watch a movie to get involved with a story.
I don’t say that Hindi movies don’t represent storytelling, they do actually. But the real movies are very few. The major cliché we can find here is the genre. After watching a regular desi movie it’s hard to say what the genre of it is. If we take the movies of 70’s and 80’s commercial ones, they contained everything starting from drama, romance to fight and comedy. May be during that time it was hard to sell a movie without all the masala elements. The movies of 90’s were also like that but in quality very poor compared to that of 80’s. But if we go back to pre-70’s we can find very artistic yet genre oriented movies. Watch any of V. Santaram, Satyajit Ray and Shakti Samant’s movies and you can feel it. Looks like the quality of storytelling went down because in 90’s especially the later 90’s most bollywood flicks were rip-offs, lifted or openly inspired from other regional or international movies. It gives a funny idea about the graph: in 50’s and 60’s the filmmakers tried to make/show a film. During 70’s they noticeably earned from it so the masala films started in late 70’s and it continued. In late 80’s the Indian population exceeded 90 crores and some filmmakers with business instinct thought of making films for money only. Storytelling died. And that’s why all the bollywood classics are from 60’s and 70’s. Its noticeable that in 50’s and 60’s films the directors produced the movies themselves. After that studios hiring directors started.
The only one I saw held its genre consistently was YashRaj Banner, the ROMANCE genre. And till date they are showing the same thing and selling well also. But the problem with them is after 1995 (the DDLJ era) viewers are unable to distinguish between their products. The way of showing love and affection remained same in all their following projects and seemed like their only target viewers are college kids and teens. Now every romantic film comes from them (including other banners too) are either rip-offs or inspired ones. May be the technology and internet made the world smaller than before so that people are getting a seen-this-somewhere-before feel .
Quentin Tarantino once told, “I don’t make film for the America, I make it for the earth.” Walt Disney said, “I don’t make movies to make money, I make money to make more movies”. Both meant it. Does this feel come from bollywood? How many desi filmmakers can claim they make films for the earth/world? Are they not supposed to make? Yes or no you say it. There are a large number of people who prefer world movies just because there isn’t enough quality movies in bollywood. And the more sad thing is as all movies are not available they depend on piracy.
After 2000 the filmmaking in bollywood looks different. I can’t say what changed but looks like something changed. They added technology, visual effects, CGI, cinematography, bolder and versatile actors etc. they even kept a genre instead of showing all-in-one flicks. But these are not the essential elements. They can accelerate impression but can’t guarantee to give the true presentation. Directors like Vishal Bhardwaj, Anurag Kashyap came out and started their own innovative ways of commercial filmmaking and it worked also. It looks like there is going to be a time in bollywood very soon that people will get quality movies.
There are other factors which need developed in bollywood. The major things are: Story, screenplay, character and dialogue development and use of appropriate soundtrack. May be we need another discussion for them. After all I want to say, repeated quality checking of the unfinished project and being true to the art of storytelling is the only way to produce a FLAWLESS movie.
- After you login and goto http://developer.yahoo.com/ you will land on the following page-
- Click the second option saying “BUILD Get an API Key…”
- You will be taken to the Yahoo Terms & Conditions page. Click accept
- On accepting you will be directed to a page where you need to create a New Project
- Then a popup will appear where you need to select the option saying “Contacts, MyBloLog, Social Directory, Status Updates, Wretch…”
- Then you will land to a page where you need to fill in all the details for your yahoo Application and then click Generate API Key
- Thereafter you will be taken to the final page saying “Your API Key has been approved” where you will find the API Key, Shared Secret and Application ID
Hope you find this post helpful…
Google has introduced Google Reader Play to make your browsing a fun. Just follow this link: http://www.google.com/reader/play/ and just select your favourite stuffs and the reader will simultaneously adjust to show the kind of stuffs that you like.
You will find following stuff here:
- The most popular items on the web
- Items that several of your friends have shared
- Other great stuff we think you’ll enjoy, based on your Reader Play history
So guys start browsing