This article is for those who own Deluxe or Unlimited Server Plan on GoDaddy.
You will see that after you have installed one blog using a domain name on Godaddy through My Applications from Hosting Section, you are unable to add a new WordPress Blog to another Domain hosted in your account. To host multiple blogs in your account you will need to manually set up everything. Follow the undermentioned step by step guide and you will see that how easy it is to setup multiple blogs in your hosting account.
- First of all you need to download the latest WordPress Application from WordPress.org. After you have done so upload the unzipped application using a FTP Client to the folder where you want to setup the application. Say for a domain name “Mydomain.com” you have assigned a folder named “Myfolder” where the domain is hosted, you need to upload the application in “Myfolder”.If you are want to setup blog as a different link on your site, just create a new folder and upload the application there, else just upload the contents of the application in the root folder, i.e. “MyFolder” for the domain “Mydomain.com”
- Then you need to create a database in your hosting account with godaddy. If you have already created a database, skip to step number 7.
- Login to your godaddy account and click over “Hosting” on the left control panel of “My Account” section.
- You will land to “Hosting Control Center”. Click on “MySQL” under “Databases” tab.
- You will land to “MySQL” control panel. Click on “Create Database” button on the right hand side.
- You will land to the “Create Database” page. Fill in the description for the database, MySQL Database/ User Name and the password. The read-only user name is option; you can leave it blank. Then click ok button at the bottom.
You will land back to the “MySQL” page. After the database setup is complete, which will take some time for the setup to complete.
- After the database setup is completed, click on the edit button in the row of the database created.
- You will land on the “Database Information” page. You will require the “Host Name”, “Database Name”, “User Name” and the “Password” which you fed while creating the database.
- Now you need to download the “wp-config.php” file from the application you uploaded using FTP Client from the folder where it is saved. Open the file using notepad and fill in the Database Name, User Name, Password and the Host Name. The database name and the user name usually are the same.
Save the file and upload it from where you downloaded it. It will ask to replace the file… replace it.
- Then go to your site using any browser, i.e. if your site name is Mydomain.com visit it. you will land on the WordPress Setup page where you will require to give the name of your Blog and then you will receive your user name and password to login into your blog’s control panel.If you have uploaded the application in a new folder in the root folder of your domain, you need to visit “http://Mydomain.com/folder/”
Hope this article help you all…